With a new year comes the expansion of our digital content leadership team across Nexstar Media Group’s portfolio of 200+ television owned or operated stations in 115+ television markets. Are you ready for a new challenge? Check out the posting below and apply if you think you’re the right person.
The Digital Audience Regional Executive Producer is responsible for the total audience growth of a regionally aligned network of several media sites. The ideal candidate is a digital content and analytics expert who is detail oriented and an excellent communicator. The position requires training of web production teams, site management from a remote location, and improving the daily packaging of all digital editorial content published and distributed across the network of sites. The goal is increasing user interactivity and traffic, particularly in-DMA users. This audience expert understands how to grow distribution platforms to maximize readership.
- Evaluate website traffic trends in an effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow in-DMA traffic
- Work with regional web producers on a daily basis to assure a steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and best-promoted to audience interest
- Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management to assure we are first to market with significant breaking news and exclusive content that creates an inclusive digital-first culture
- Develop creative and productive new ways of finding and assigning web-friendly story ideas
- Train, coach and manage a team of news web producers on audience-growth strategies
- Expands total content distribution opportunities and grows valuable audiences for each
- Excellent at writing buzzy headlines that increase pageviews, and packaging content that grows pageviews per visitor and lowers bounce rates
- Lead team member responsible for planning and implementing special coverage projects (severe weather, breaking news, enterprise digital content databases and projects)
- Monitor national, state, and local news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years’ experience gathering or producing news and information with 5 years’ experience working primarily on the Web
- Self-motivated, competitive spirit and assertive personality with ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
- Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
- Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
- Comfortable adapting to changes in an evolving industry and thrives under pressure
- Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
- Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
- If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
One thought on “Now hiring: Digital content leaders for Nexstar”
Appreciate you blogginng this