Starting in June, we launched an effort to highlight one person in each digital content region who has gone above and beyond to work towards goals, improve their station’s digital content offerings, and assist their regional neighbors. We’re going to call these our Digital Content Influencers.
There are so many putting forth extraordinary efforts, and we want to recognize how they’re making an impact in their part of the country.
- Northeast: Mariann Cabness is the digital lead at WWTI, a smaller market with no news department. She’s aggressively pursuing audiences by launching new products, experimenting with social and content strategy, and building a team that has impressive coverage for a market their size.
- East Coast: Ashlee Edwards, the digital EP at ABC27/WHTM, is a top-notch communicator who sends thorough, daily emails to her team in the quest of moving the needle on KPIs. Her team members regularly make the weekly East Coast top author report.
- Gulf: Michael Schiedt from BRProud wrote a stimulus story that accounted for roughly 20% of stimulus-related pageviews across the group in June. He regularly looks to find an audience based on high-performing topics.
- East: WKRN’s Josh Breslow led the East Region in generating high traffic and high PV/S content this month.
- Midwest: WFRV digital content producer Devin Willems has a knack for finding local stories that no one else is covering, like this trending story he found while digging through Reddit threads on Pride Month in the Green Bay area.
- Plains: KELO’s Rae Yost is doing standout work as a digital data reporter. She regularly produces in-depth, data-driven stories with interactives to boot!
- Southwest: Joey Hollingsworth and the crew at bigcountryhomepage.com were closely monitoring developments in West Texas regarding an arrest in the murder of a 13-year-old. When a major update broke, Joey and his team had his story prepped, and published first in the market and consistently put out updates as they came through. It was the top story on the site for June.
- West: Austin Facer is fairly new to his digital reporter role at ABC 4 and is already making an impact with strong evergreen content. His piece on things to know before moving to Utah was his station’s top story this month.
Congrats to our first winners and thanks for your outstanding effort and contributions!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.